Warning!

If you want to rate anything you find on the pages (Language Corner, Literary Corner, Pictures, Music&Lyrics...), please, leave a comment in the main section. Thanks!

May 7, 2011

Diary of a Journey

   Hello everybody, it's Daniel, and I'm pleased to explain a new idea I'll develop here on Exploting English. As you know, that's blog is meant to be a useful tool to help students in many ways - we try to make this pleasant and amusing... hope so! - to improve their English, or find a way to enjoy their own knowledge, anyway.
  So, what's my idea? First of all, I'm going to London in three months! I'm really excited about all of this - but it's so hard to prepare! And that's the idea: I will tell you how I'm planning my journey, everything I'll have to do here in Spain - also, I'll explain what I will do in London and how really the city is for a young student (lost there, absoulutely alone!).
  I hope you like it!


 Chapter I. Man, what the hell have I been doing?

   Something I've learnt during theese weeks is very simple: preparing a journey is difficult, hard, tedious. 
   When I knew I was going to go there, I felt... "WOW, it's my opportunity, at last!" With the King's School booklet, my Father gave me a map of the London Underground. And guys, that was as clear as mud. Actually, I've never used so much the underground lines even here - the basic routes, you know. I don't like to complicate my own life.
  So, I learnt how to use it! I've taken all lines, I took all route possibilities, I can say I KNOW everthing (ehem!) about that stuff. I spent all that day under the city - well, that's not true. The most difficult thing was outside...
  You cannot leave your country if you don't have all your papers updated. So, I had to renew my passport, get the European Health Insurance Card, get an Student Card, and get an Oyster Card.


 - Oh Gosh! Today, time's up! To be continued... Thx for being there!

No comments:

Post a Comment